Thursday, June 21, 2007

Solstice!


Solstice blessings to you today!
It's a beautiful, sunny day here at the lake! A perfect day for honoring the Summer Solstice!

One of the ways I like to celebrate the Solstice is to re-do my altar with all manner of gold, red and yellow items. I also try to make a little wreath or paper sun, or some sort of item representing the solar disc to hang. After this is charged, I might take it outside and hang it up in a tree in the woods behind my house. You can even use a Celtic equal-armed cross symbol. Adding real sunflowers to the altar is especially nice!
Some of the natural correspondences for the Summer Solstice are:
  • Plants~ Roses, jasmine, hibiscus and tropical flowering plants
  • Animals~ Jaguar, doves, peahens
  • Minerals~ Malachite, emeralds, sapphires, turquoise, amazonite

This is a wonderful day to do healing work and rituals. This is the longest day of the year, so you may find it easier to bring illumination to those issues you would like to address. If it isn't raining later (forecasted), I think that I will also have a small fire in the firepit in the back yard. I might do some scrying in the fire, my preferred method of scrying. I've never been able to do it with mirrors or water.

Have a wonderful Solstice wherever you are!

No comments: