Friday, January 12, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
I know that it's really not THAT cold out, for a January day. that said, I just can't seem to get my feet warm today. That got me thinking about some of the warmer places I've visited in the last few years (forget that I used to live in Arizona!). Here's some photos from a wonderful trip to Spain that my Mom and I went to last year at the end of April. What places do you have warm memories of?
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
- Olive Oil
- Yellow Onions- sliced into rings as thick as you like, one onion per person
- Shitake Mushrooms preferably (or portobello, or any other kind)- sliced
- Fresh garlic cloves- lots of them, chopped
- Spinach- fresh is better, but one box of frozen will work for 2 people
- Curry powder- I use at least one tablespoon per person, usually alot more
- Soy Sauce or Tamari- Low sodium, use a few splashes in the whole dish
- Optional spices- Five Spice Powder, Cumin, Cayenne, Garam Masala
Heat oil in a large saucepan on Medium heat, add onions and garlic, cooking covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid, add Soy sauce, Curry and spices, Mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes (uncovered), or until onions are translucent and soft, and mushrooms are cooked thru. Add Spinach and cook until wilted (if using fresh), just a couple of minutes. Serve over brown rice, or toss on top of a chicken breast or meatless patty. I just eat it out of bowl, by itself.
It's so easy and delicious! Try it and let me know what you think!
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Monday, January 8, 2007
What does the dark of the moon inspire in you?