Monday, January 8, 2007

The Power's Out ~ Now What?

Well, the electrical power went out this morning just as I was headed into the shower. Luckily, I hadn't gotten in yet. I called our power company and they said the repairs should take about 2 hours. Now, I had planned to get showered and tackle a bunch of stuff on my to-do list. Since all of those involved using electric, I needed a new plan. That got me thinking about what we can do to slow down, take a breath, and get away from the Mile-A-Minute technical world we live in, even if just for a little while.

Maybe some of you might use the time to meditate? Not me, as I'm a most fidgety meditator! I love guided imagery techniques, but left to my own devices, I'm not successful in my attempts.
Since it's a really rainy and dark day outside, there's not enough light to read by inside. I played with my cats awhile, and then sat down to write a bit in a notepad. When was the last time you wrote anything on a notepad, not a keyboard? It' s been awhile, I bet, unless you journal often.
I ended up thinking about being in the dark and then the Moon, as she is in a waning phase now.
When the moon is in her dark (or new) phase it's a great time to start a new project, or maybe do a spell for a positive change you would like to see. It's a great time to do candle magick, as you are illuminating the dark with your spell. I think that the shining light will gather more light as it grows, and the process of building that light will make the spell more powerful.
What does the dark of the moon inspire in you?

No comments: