- Olive Oil
- Yellow Onions- sliced into rings as thick as you like, one onion per person
- Shitake Mushrooms preferably (or portobello, or any other kind)- sliced
- Fresh garlic cloves- lots of them, chopped
- Spinach- fresh is better, but one box of frozen will work for 2 people
- Curry powder- I use at least one tablespoon per person, usually alot more
- Soy Sauce or Tamari- Low sodium, use a few splashes in the whole dish
- Optional spices- Five Spice Powder, Cumin, Cayenne, Garam Masala
Heat oil in a large saucepan on Medium heat, add onions and garlic, cooking covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid, add Soy sauce, Curry and spices, Mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes (uncovered), or until onions are translucent and soft, and mushrooms are cooked thru. Add Spinach and cook until wilted (if using fresh), just a couple of minutes. Serve over brown rice, or toss on top of a chicken breast or meatless patty. I just eat it out of bowl, by itself.
It's so easy and delicious! Try it and let me know what you think!