Friday, January 19, 2007

Making a Collage for Abundance!

My post about the Lunar cycles yesterday got me thinking that maybe it's time to do a new collage. Making a pretty art collage is a wonderful thing. However, what I'm talking about is using the process of making a collage as manifestation magick. The process of making the collage really brings what you want and need into focus. Once I make a collage, I usually hang it up on the wall and forget about it. You know, when you walk past something every day, after a while you just don't see it anymore? I can't tell you how many times I have walked past a collage I did, stopped to look at it and realized that EVERYTHING in that collage manifested one way or another! I just love it! I thought that I would share the process with you. Anyone can do this! You don't even need to be a witch to do this work! :0)

  1. Decide what you want your collage to be about. I have done collages about improving my health, finances, buying a house, my business, etc. Now as you clip phrases and pictures, you may find that what you thought you wanted to do your collage about isn't at all what is actually happening. Just go with it, and see where you end up!
  2. You should get a piece of poster board and a big stack of old magazines and catalogs. These can be on any subject at all. Women's magazines and those on business are really good to use for collage. I also like nature magazines.
  3. Start by going thru the magazines, clipping out pictures, words, and phrases that resonate with you. Clip everything you want. don't worry about it not being perfect for what you had in mind. You'll go thru them again later.
  4. Once you're done clipping, go back thru what you've cut out and choose the images that you want to put on your collage. Sometimes it can be hard to decide what really works. At this point, you may notice that there's a different theme coming thru than what you were planning on doing your collage about. Just go with it! Trust that this alternate theme is what you really need to do your collage about.
  5. Take your poster board and make it as large or small as you would like. I have even cut them into large shapes, such as hearts or a house. Most of the time, I leave them rectangular and use about 1/2 of a poster sheet.
  6. Take your clippings and start positioning them about the poster board. At this point, I usually have a few large images to use for the background, which I will paste other images on top of. Once you have a general idea of where things will go, start pasting them to the board.
  7. After you've pasted on everything you want, you can add other elements such as beads, glitter glue pens, flowers or any other embellishments you like. You can also leave it plain. Personally, I know that my collages aren't finished until I use at least three different colors of glitter glue pens on them! But then, I am a glitter critter.
And that's all there is to it! You have just made manifestation magick! The process of weeding thru the images and phrases helps to sort of what you really want, and then creating art with them puts your needs out to the Universe! The only caution I have about this is to keep your collage fairly general, around a theme. We can never know how the things we need will manifest. What you need/want may come about in very unexpected ways. You don't want to put so many particulars in your collage that it will either never happen, or it may take years for the right alignment of aspects to happen in order for it to manifest. That said, have fun with the process! This is supposed to be allot of fun and interesting. I have found it's also very powerful magick! Enjoy and let me know what you create!


No comments: